THE CHILDREN'S GUILD FOUNDATION HAS TAKEN ITS GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE!
Prospective applicants are asked to review carefully the guidelines for the grant making focus areas of the Foundation. Inquiries and application submittals regarding funding are to demonstrate a familiarity with the Foundation’s mission and goals.
WHO MAY APPLY
The Foundation funds organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Codes and as public charities under section 509 (a) of that code. Individuals and for-profit organizations are not eligible for funding.
Since 1910, The Foundation has concentrated its efforts and resources in Western New York. Given this focus, the Foundation does not consider applications for funding for programs and projects outside of the eight counties of WNY with the exception of research projects.
WHAT THE FOUNDATION LOOKS FOR
The program or project:
1) Will have a significant and continuing impact. The Foundation is interested
in strategies that effect change for children with special needs and their families.
2) Will intervene at the appropriate level. The Foundation seeks to address the causes of problems effecting children with special needs and their families rather than to simply ameliorate their symptoms.
3) Will offer opportunities for leverage. The Foundation seeks to amplify resources for children with special needs and their families by forming partnerships with organizations, other grant makers and the private sector.
4) Will be grounded in the community. An important aspect of the Foundation’s mission is to develop models with potential application elsewhere for children with special needs and their families while keeping Western New York as the geographic focus of the Foundation’s grant making.
5) Will be appropriate in relation to the work of other grant makers. The Foundation seeks to support work that complements rather than duplicates the efforts of other Foundation’s in relation to children with special needs and their families.
The Foundation defines the following categories as they relate to its mission
- View Definitions (pdf) -
The Children’s Guild Foundation reviews grants on a rolling basis. As such, there are no grant cycle deadlines.
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION
The Children’s Guild Foundation is now utilizing a new web-based grant application-processing program. Foundant’s Grant Lifecycle Manager is a user friendly system utilized by over hundreds of foundations across the country that will ultimately make the granting process easier for applicants and grantees.
This program will allow applicants and grantees to:
- Submit letters of intent
- Complete full applications upon invitation of the Foundation
- Receive electronic reminders of upcoming deadlines
- Submit interim, final, and follow up evaluation reporting
Foundant has created a basic five minute tutorial for applicants that may be reviewed here. It is highly recommended that all prospective applicants review this video before beginning a new application in order to better understand the process and Grant Lifecycle Manager’s many useful features.
Note that all grant applicants will need to create an account on the system when they first use it, but basic information will be stored for future use when new applications are submitted.
Paper will be largely eliminated from the Foundation granting process resulting in a system that is more environmentally friendly. Applicants will save time and money by not having to make multiple copies. Any attachments can be done on Microsoft Word and Excel, or scanned to a PDF file that then can be uploaded to the system.
When a grantee receives a grant, they will report their results online.
We are confident that the entire granting process will be a better experience for everyone involved. We are excited to join the many foundations that have already gone electronic and know that applicants will appreciate the convenience this system offers.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Foundation’s Administrative Assistant, Cathleen Kollmar at email@example.com or 716-362-9650.